Automated Medical Transcription
to Reduce Physician’s Burnout
Client is a group of physicians delivering healthcare services across U.S. We helped Physicians automate the clinical documentation process with digital scribes for faster transcriptions, as well as real-time diagnostic analysis using speech recognition and NLP techniques.
- Physicians were spending most of their time on clinical documentation of patient encounters and this was impacting the quality of healthcare
- Only around 40% of doctor’s time was left to meeting patients, while the rest was spent on administration. Freeing up doctor’s time for patients was their focus
- They also wanted to reduce the manual process of transcription which at times can be error prone leading to huge operation costs
- To address the challenges of our client, we suggested that we implement a digital scribe/AI Medical assistant that can:
- Record the Physician – Patient conversation
- Convert the audio into text and
- Extract the relevant information for the summarization of the patient encounter
- Developed a digital scribe using Speech Recognition libraries, AI and ML techniques to record and transform clinical interactions into meaningful medical notes through ambient listening and subsequent voice-to-text conversion.
- Implemented NLP techniques to mine useful data from transcribed medical notes such as symptoms, diseases, and prescription etc.
- This data was used for better report generation which helped physicians save time when going through patient’s health records
- With the solution, physicians and clinicians can document and record the patient interactions on their mobile, laptop or directly into the EHR systems
- Improved physicians’ productivity by 30% as they don’t spend much time on documentation
- This solution also enhanced the clinical information workflow for better accessibility of data
- Increased overall transcribing accuracy and reduced administrative costs due to minimal human involvement
Let’s get started
Find out how Sparity uses AI in Medical Transcription
Related Case Studies
The client is one of the Big 4 consulting firms that provide professional services like ...Read More >>
The eCommerce client is a US-based manufacturer that operates and ships its products across.....Read More >>
The Retail client approached Sparity with an intent to digitally transform their online platform to…Read More >>